Growth Asia 2021: Join us live for a Healthy Aging show on cognition and mobility
The event returns in 2021 to build on the huge success of its inaugural edition, where more than 3,200 delegates from the food, beverage and nutrition industry have registered to hear the views of experts from many of the most innovative brands, leading academics, policy experts and vendors.
The series runs from June 29 to July 15 and is seen through the lens of five main categories – Healthy Aging: Mobility & Cognitive Health (June 29), Healthy Aging: Metabolic & Digestive Health (July 1), Innovation Based on plants (July 6), Healthy Snacking (July 13) and Child and Maternal Health (July 15).
All broadcasts begin today at 3:00 p.m. Singapore time. Registration for the event is free.
Gary Scattergood, editor of both titles and APAC regional director at publisher William Reed said: âAcross the region, the potential for future growth is enormous, as incomes continue to rise, urbanization accelerates, life expectancy increases and consumer demands evolve rapidly, not least due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.In addition to this, you need to know more about it.
âIn fact, Asia is expected to be the global engine of growth not only for traditional foods and beverages, but also for functional foods and supplements. This is why NutraIngredients-Asia and FoodNavigator-Asia will once again shine the spotlight on how the industry can best navigate the region’s highly diverse consumer, regulatory, cultural and economic landscape in order to reap these substantial rewards. .In addition to this, you need to know more about it.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Patrick Gantier, Managing Director Asia, Mars Wrigley
- Gregg Ward, Head of the Open Science Innovation Center, Danone.
- Dr Yong Shan May, Brands Suntory, Senior Scientist
- Dr Tunyawat Kasemsuwan, Thai Union, Director of the Thai Union Global Innovation Center (GIC)
- Prof Grant Brinkworth, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO), Australia
- Dr Shawn Watson, Senescence Life Sciences, Founder and CEO
- Dr Matthew Pikosky, National Dairy Council USA, VP Nutrition Research
- Dr Paul Clayton Institute of Food, Brain and Behavior (Oxford), Fellow
- Jin Zong Xiao, Morinaga, director of the Next Generation Science Institute
- Angus Brown, Ärepa, co-founder and CEO
- Ramasamy Venkatesh, Gencor, MD
- Dahlia Ghazalay, USDEC, Regional Director SEA
- Prof Alex Tups, University of Otago
- Dr Sumanto Haldar, Singapore Institute of Food and Biotechnology Innovation (SIFBI) at A * STAR, Principal Investigator
- Michelle Lee, IFF, Regional Marketing Manager, Greater Asia
- Christian Philippsen, Beneo, MD, Asia-Pacific
- Florence Leong, Kosmode Health, co-founder and CEO
- Laurent Stevenart, Impossible Foods, Country Manager (Singapore)
- Damien-Pierre Lessot, Roquette, head of technical developers
- Hugo Leclercq, Lesaffre Biospringer, Director of Innovation and Business Development
- Ronan Moloney, Kerry, Vice President and General Manager of Food and Meat
- Coco Tse, Hero Protein, Vice President, Strategy and Operations
- Aashim Maholtra, Dole Sunshine Company, Vice President and General Manager APAC
- Yuwi Chan, Eat Real Snacks, International Sales Manager (APAC)
- Salomi Naik, Ai Palette, Innovation Manager
- Martin Teo, USDEC, Technical Director – Food Applications
- Chyn Boon Wong, Morinaga, Research Associate
- Tamara Rausch, Advanced Lipids, Global Scientific Marketing Manager
- Airing Wang, Nature’s Way, Marketing Manager – China
- Monica Meldrum, Whole Kids, Founder and CEO
- Max Rye, TurtleTree Labs, Chief Strategist
- Sigalit Zchut, Advanced Lipids, Global Scientific Marketing Manager
- Jane Li, Li, Page & Co, Founder
The complete schedule of events is:
Healthy aging: mobility and cognitive healthIn addition to this, you need to know more about it.
JUNE 29 â 3:00 p.m. SGT (GMT + 8)
Recognizing the enormous public health challenges and immense business opportunities posed by the rapidly aging Asian population, this year we will be hosting two editions on Healthy Aging to give the topic the level of attention it requires. The event will look at the latest research, trends and products for conditions associated with mobility, including healthy bones, joints and muscles. Additionally, with cognitive health in mind for consumers of all ages, we will also be discussing the latest nutritional solutions to help memory, mood, alertness, sleep, and relaxation.
Healthy aging: metabolic and digestive healthIn addition to this, you need to know more about it.
JULY 1 â 3:00 p.m. SGT (GMT + 8)
Many Asian countries are still struggling to tackle obesity, diabetes and heart disease. So we’re going to shine the spotlight on the role the food, beverage and nutrition industry needs to play in helping alleviate various metabolic health issues. We will also assess the latest developments in gut health, with a particular focus on how the thriving probiotics and prebiotics sectors in Asia can provide benefits to digestive health and beyond.
Plant innovationIn addition to this, you need to know more about it.
JULY 6 â 3:00 p.m. SGT (GMT + 8)
Interest in plant-based alternatives in Asia shows no signs of slowing down, as evidenced by the growing number of leading brands, suppliers and forward-thinking food outlets continuing to increase their investments. While Asia is expected to be the largest plant-based food consumption region in the global $ 21 billion finished products market by 2025 due to consumer ethical, health and environmental concerns, as well as of a strong product innovation, we will examine how the sector can establish itself as a dominant category, as well as a trend.
Healthy SnackIn addition to this, you need to know more about it.
JULY 13 â 3:00 p.m. SGT (GMT + 8)
Asian consumers are increasingly choosing to eat several small meals during the day, instead of the traditional breakfast, lunch and dinner. This has led to a boom in the region’s snack market, but many consumers are not satisfied with a simple pleasure or convenience. Increasingly, they are demanding healthier options, opening up huge opportunities for value-added ingredients that can play a role in helping reformulation or fortification, as well as those that can promote claims to be. natural or own label. We will assess the latest developments in all of the above as brands strive to respond to these emerging snack trends.
Child and maternal healthIn addition to this, you need to know more about it.
JULY 15 â 3:00 p.m. SGT (GMT + 8)
The Asia-Pacific infant formula market is expected to double by 2026, reaching $ 26.8 billion, as brands continually strive to find a competitive edge with scientifically backed, high-value ingredients. We will also take a look at the burgeoning children’s supplement market, especially in China, and discuss the latest knowledge and opportunities in maternal health, in a region where many expectant mothers still suffer from key micronutrient deficiencies.
Sign up for free here