Mavericks vs Magic: How to watch, schedule, live stream info, game time, TV channel
Through 3 quarters
The Dallas Mavericks were expected to win this one, and so far, that’s exactly how it’s going. Three quarters and their offense really knew how to impose its will, dominating the Orlando Magic 85-68 at three quarters.
The Mavericks benefited from the performance of point guard Jalen Brunson, who has 19 points and five boards. Orlando hasn’t had any offensive strengths so far, with all players limited to 14 points or less.
Orlando @ Dallas
Current records: Orlando 8-35; Dallas 23-19
What there is to know
The Orlando Magic have been on the wrong end of a one-sided rivalry with the Dallas Mavericks and are hoping to record their first victory since March 8, 2019. They will face off at 9:30 p.m. ET on January 15 at American Airlines Center. without much rest after finishing yesterday’s matches. If the contest resembles Dallas’ 130-124 victory in their previous meeting in March of last year, the scorer will be very busy.
The Magic beat the Charlotte Hornets 116-109 last Friday. Center Moe Wagner and small forward Franz Wagner were among Orlando’s top playmakers, with the former having 26 points and the latter 19 points and seven assists in addition to six rebounds.
Meanwhile, all went well for Dallas against the Memphis Grizzlies last Friday as they picked up a 112-85 victory. Dallas relied on the efforts of point guard Luka Doncic, who had a triple-double with 27 points, 12 rebounds and ten assists, and point guard Jalen Brunson, who had 15 points and nine assists, five steals and five rebounds. It’s been three straight games in which Doncic has had at least 11 rebounds.
Orlando must know that it will be fighting an uphill battle given the 11.50 point gap it faces. They are currently three on three ATS in their most recent matches, however, a trend bettors might want to consider.
The Magic are now 8-35 while the Mavericks are 23-19. A pair of stats to keep in mind while watching: Orlando is third worst in the league in points per game, averaging just 102.1. Dallas’ defense has more to brag about, as it ranks third in the league in points allowed per game, averaging just 103. Orlando might struggle to beat 100.
How to watch
- When: Saturday at 9:30 p.m. ET
- Or: American Airlines Center — Dallas, TX
- TV: Bally Sports Florida
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- To follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket cost: $31.00
The Mavericks are a heavy favorite by 11.5 points against the Magic, according to the latest NBA Odds.
Bettors had a good idea of the line for this one, as the game opened with the Mavericks as the 10.5-point favorite.
See NBA Picks for every game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get Choices Now.
Dallas has won eight of its last 12 games against Orlando.
- March 01, 2021 – Dallas 130 vs. Orlando 124
- January 09, 2021 – Dallas 112 vs. Orlando 98
- February 21, 2020 – Dallas 122 vs. Orlando 106
- November 06, 2019 – Dallas 107 vs. Orlando 106
- March 08, 2019 – Orlando 111 vs. Dallas 106
- December 10, 2018 – Dallas 101 vs. Orlando 76
- April 04, 2018 – Orlando 105 vs. Dallas 100
- January 09, 2018 – Dallas 114 vs. Orlando 99
- February 11, 2017 – Dallas 112 vs. Orlando 80
- November 19, 2016 – Orlando 95 vs. Dallas 87
- March 01, 2016 – Dallas 121 vs. Orlando 108
- February 19, 2016 – Orlando 110 vs. Dallas 104
Dallas Injury Report
No injury information
Injury report for Orlando
- Markelle Fultz: Out (knee)
- Wendell Carter Jr.: Out (hamstrings)
- Michael Carter-Williams: Out (ankle)
- E’Twaun Moore: Out (knee)
- Jonathan Isaac: Out (knee)
Comments are closed.