PLYMOUTH DAILY: Don’t miss Plymouth’s 400th anniversary
Welcome back, Plymouth! Let’s start this weekend. Here’s everything you need to know in the city.
Are you a local business owner or distributor in Plymouth? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First, your weather forecast for the weekend:
- Friday: Clear skies all day. High: 71 Low: 57.
- Saturday: Clear all day. High: 76 Low: 59.
Here are the best stories today in Plymouth:
- Worker convicted of child rape in Bridgewater State and detained in State Hospital (WJAR)
- Plymouth County Outreach posts video highlighting stories of people lost to substance use disorder (East Bridgewater, Massachusetts Police Department News)
- Body found lying on the Chaussée de Centerville; state police investigation underway (Cape Cod Times)
- Stray ‘meat pig’ captured by animal control in Freetown – WLNE-TV (ABC6) (WLNE-TV (ABC6))
- CARVER LIBRARY CORNER: September 3 (Wicked Local)
- Plymouth Fire to Host 20th Anniversary Ceremony of 9/11 Attacks (Plymouth Patch)
- Increase in COVID hospitalizations of Taunton; highest total new cases since end of April (Taunton Daily Gazette)
- Live broadcast of the Maritime Salvation Celebration of the 400th Plymouth Philharmonic Concert (95.9 WATD-FM)
- Plymouth man plans to buy house and car after winning $ 1 million prize on freebie scratch ticket | (Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News)
- Sacred Heart High School in Kingston is officially for sale (Wicked Local)
- Plymouth Cordage Museum: A Tribute to Another Plymouth History (Wicked Local)
- Barnstable’s major sewer expansion to begin (CapeCod.com News)
- Surprise resignation in Berkley: Town clerk says she is stepping down (Taunton Daily Gazette)
- Shine Your Armor: King Richard’s Faire Returns For A Fall Filled With Fantasy (Cape Cod Times)
- Employers in the Taunton area are grappling with the labor shortage – here’s what they can do (Taunton Daily Gazette)
- Employers in the Brockton area are struggling with a labor shortage; here’s what they can do (Enterprise News)
- New Bedford’s vacant three-decker catches fire for the second time this year. The first was arson. (SouthCoastToday.com)
- Sandwich Selectmen to host latest public forum on Boardwalk (CapeNews.net)
- Plymouth celebrates its 400th anniversary this weekend (wbsm.com)
- Serious injuries reported after motorcycle crash on Route 3 in Duxbury (NBC10 Boston)
- Rising Massachusetts River triggers flooding in area, greater concerns for the future (WCVB Boston)
- New Bedford sees 9.5 inches of rain from Ida’s leftovers (CBS Boston)
- Local files: Marshfield Library to host yoga classes, Habitat for Humanity plans free walk (The Patriot Ledger)
Today’s Plymouth Daily is brought to you by our friends at Verizon. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To find out how 5G will change the lives of you and your community – and to access this amazing technology – click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Plymouth!
This weekend in Plymouth:
Friday, September 3
- Plymouth South High School: “Our new staff photo wall… welcome to PSHS! ” (Facebook)
- Plymouth 1768 fire room: “Please join us next Saturday, September 11th, in solemn remembrance of those who perished 20 years ago on that tragic day. Plymouth Firefighters will be joined by Plymouth Police as we march from Barracks to North Plymouth firefighters at 9 … “(Facebook)
- Plymouth Public Library: “Storytime is still going on! See you at 4.30 p.m. with Miss Madde! ” (Facebook)
- The Massachusetts Chapter of the ALS Association: “With our Massachusetts Ride to Defeat ALS only 16 days away, we’re spending time thinking about why we strap on our helmets every September for this important cause.” My Uncle Billy lost his battle with ALS a few years ago . I roll in memory … “(Facebook)
- The Massachusetts Chapter of the ALS Association: “30 days to reach our fundraising goal of $ 450,000 – will you help us cross the finish line? Join the fight against ALS today: web.alsa.org/Boston2021 #WhateverItTakes # 30Days # WalktoDefeatALS #Boston “(Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are now in the know and ready to go out this Friday. I’ll join you next week with a new update! If you enjoy these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Haley cornell
About me: I’m the breaking news editor for Patch in Massachusetts. Previously, I worked for WHDH – Channel 7 News for five years as a writer. I love talking to people and am currently trying to learn to cook in my spare time. Questions? Comments? Tips? Contact me at [email protected]
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Plymouth Daily? Contact [email protected] anytime.