Watch Indiana vs. Illinois: How to stream live, TV channel, start time for Saturday’s NCAAB game
Current records: Illinois 16-5; Indiana 16-5
What there is to know
#18 Illinois Fighting Illini won both its games against the Indiana Hoosiers last season (69-60 and 75-71) and are aiming for the same result on Saturday. Illinois and IU will square off in a Big Ten battle at noon ET at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Both of these teams are looking to build on the momentum of their previous victories.
While not quite a landslide, Wednesday’s game between the Fighting Illini and the Wisconsin Badgers was still pretty decisive as Illinois wrapped it up with an 80-67 win at home. Center Kofi Cockburn took over for Illinois, finishing with 37 points (a whopping 46% of their total) on more than 12 boards.
Meanwhile, IU had enough points to win and then some against the Maryland Terrapins on Saturday, winning their game 68-55. Indiana Race forward Thompson was one of the most active players on the team, posting a double-double with 18 points and 12 rebounds.
The wins took both teams to an identical score of 16-5. A few defensive stats to keep in mind while watching: The Fighting Illini have held opponents to a 39.80 percent field goal percentage, which ranks them 32nd in college basketball. But the Hoosiers are even better: they held their opponents to a 37.30 percent field goal percentage, which ranks them seventh in college basketball. We’ll see if this advantage gives IU a path to victory.
How to watch
- When: Saturday at 12 p.m. ET
- Or: Simon Skjodt Meeting Room — Bloomington, Indiana
- To follow: CBS Sports App
Indiana has won six of its last ten games against Illinois.
- Feb. 02, 2021 – Illinois 75 vs. Indiana 71
- December 26, 2020 – Illinois 69 vs. Indiana 60
- March 01, 2020 – Illinois 67 vs. Indiana 66
- March 07, 2019 – Indiana 92 vs. Illinois 74
- January 03, 2019 – Indiana 73 vs. Illinois 65
- February 14, 2018 – Indiana 78 vs. Illinois 68
- January 24, 2018 – Illinois 73 vs. Indiana 71
- January 07, 2017 – Indiana 96 vs. Illinois 80
- Feb. 25, 2016 – Indiana 74 vs. Illinois 47
- January 19, 2016 – Indiana 103 vs. Illinois 69